Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ruminations on digital display


I walked on the park today.
Now that I returned to photograpy,
I see good pictures everywhere.
All things shout "take me, take me."
What I have? A tinie little camera: Sony Cybershot DSC-220.
Shame, shame, shame.
I use this camera to take pictures at work.
My old trusty D70 is hidden behind boxes in
storage after our move to NC.

Thanks God the D90 is coming this Tuesday.
But still 4 years without engaging photography.
What is my view? Photoshop feels overwhelming
and the mind is set on NOT taking images to be
printed but to be digitally displayed.
I want to have images that talk to my soul
and to enter in a dialogue of beauty and wonder.
What a change!

I think that the days of printing images are over.
-Hey..I am a photoprinter expert, that I know.-
Still, I think that the future looks like full of
wonderfull images on hanging digital frames.
So maybe instead of of purchasing a new Epson printer,
I should be considering purchasing digital picture frame.
Oh well, that is something for later...
the photo art world is quickly changing and I believe that the
days of photoprinting are over.

Here is an image that I composed several years ago. It is somewhat complex,
full of meaning..Still....it is too intellectual and lacking depth.

No comments: